The General Arts and Science - Business program is specifically designed for individuals who do not meet the entrance requirements into Durham College’s business and business administration programs. This offering will provide the courses necessary for success in subsequent business program studies at Durham College.
Upon successful completion of the first semester of this program, students can apply to transfer directly into semester two of one of the business (2 year) or business administration (3 year) programs at Durham College. Areas of study include:
- Human Resources
Students who decide not to transfer into a business program will complete the program requirements of the General Arts and Science program and graduate with an Ontario College Certificate.
Individual academic planning assistance is offered by the School of Business, IT & Management Student Advisor. It is strongly recommended that students meet with their advisor before selecting their courses. Some General Arts and Science courses are also transferable to other post-secondary programs.
- It is each student’s responsibility to ensure that the courses he or she is registered in are appropriate for the stated admission requirements for future program choices.
- Since each educational institution determines its own admission requirements, if you are planning to attend another college or a university, please ensure that the courses taken meet the other institution’s admission requirements.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
As a graduate, you can proceed to full-time employment in a variety of business environments or further your studies in another college diplomas, advanced diplomas or university degree program.Back to Top
Course List & Descriptions
- Business Computer Applications I (COMP 1209)
- Human Resource Management I (HRM 1200)
- Applied Mathematics (MATH 1310)
- Communication for Business I (COMM 2204)
- Marketing I (MKTG 1200)
- Operations Management I (OPER 1200)
Courses and course descriptions are subject to change.Back to Top
|YEAR ONE FEES||Domestic||International|
Please note: fees are based on the 2016-2017 academic year and do not include textbooks. For more information please see Other fees to consider.Back to Top