Withdrawals and refunds

Withdrawals and refunds


If for any reason you wish to withdraw, you must officially notify the college in writing by completing and submitting an Official Withdrawal form [PDF – 34 KB] to the Strategic Enrolment Services department. The official date of withdrawal will be noted as the date the withdrawal form is received.

International students should contact the International Office for information regarding concerning withdrawal or refunds.

Apprenticeship students should contact Whitby Campus, Enrolment Services at 905.721.3300 for information on withdrawals and refunds. 

Please note:

  • All students must complete and submit an official Withdrawal Form to cancel fees owing or to be eligible for a refund.
  • Failure to register for your courses or not attend classes does not constitute an official withdrawal.
  • Students who have not officially withdrawn from the college will be required to pay fees for that semester and will be recorded as having failed the program.


Students who officially withdraw from their program within the first 10 days of classes will receive a full refund of all fees paid, minus the non-refundable deposit of $500.

No refund, in whole or in part, will be processed for students who withdraw after the tenth day of the semester. If a student has opted to pay fees by installment (i.e. payment plan B), they are still responsible for the balance of fees owing for that semester. Tuition fees that have been paid for future semesters will be refunded.

For students whose fees have been paid by OSAP or a sponsoring agency, refunds will be sent to the appropriate agency.

Refund appeals

In extenuating circumstances such as an unexpected medical problem or a death in the family, the student may appeal a refund decision. These requests must be submitted in writing, along with appropriate supporting documentation to Strategic Enrolment Services.

Please note: Refund appeals will only be considered if received within the same academic year. For students whose fees have been paid by OSAP or a sponsoring agency, refunds will be sent to the appropriate agency. 

Reach local advertisement tracking image
Apply Now button