R E S P E C T – This is what it means to me!
Durham College’s respect campaign raises awareness about courtesy and respect among members of the campus community.
In an effort to educate the campus community about its rich diversity, the Durham College Diversity office promotes the essential values that help sustain the multicultural diversity of its campus regardless of race, gender, religion, socio-economic class or sexual orientation, including:
- Respect for others;
- Close personal relationships;
- Effective communication; and
- Engaged concern for the common good.
Durham College strives to foster and sustain an environment of inclusiveness in order to achieve our highest potential without fear of prejudice or bias. We are committed to
- Building an exemplary educational community;
- Offering a nurturing and challenging intellectual climate; and
- Respect for human diversity.
We expect every member of our academic family to embrace this mission and demonstrate a strong commitment to attracting, retaining and supporting students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of today’s society.share