This is Durham College’s official site for emergency communications. During an emergency, updates will be posted here.
All Durham College locations are currently open. Classes and activities will be held as scheduled.
General information on campus cancellations and closures
When conditions become so severe that the college cannot operate effectively, a decision may be made to change scheduled operations, resulting in class cancellations, early departure for non-essential employees or, in rare cases, a closing.
A decision to close the college, or any college campus location, will be made by the Emergency Management Response Team (EMRT) on behalf of the president of Durham College. Such decision will only be made after a careful assessment of conditions that place, or are likely to place, members of the campus community in danger or that may have a substantial adverse effect on normal campus operations.
Individuals travelling to and from campus are reminded to leave enough time to travel safely. Individuals living in areas more heavily impacted by the weather should use their judgment and discretion when coming to campus, with safety being their first consideration at all times.
Timely and accurate announcements regarding changes in Durham College’s scheduled operations will be made via our emergency communication channels. For a complete list of these channels please see below.
- Durham College website – www.durhamcollege.ca.
- MyCampus student portal – www.durhamcollege.ca/mycampus.
- ICE, employee intranet – https://ice.durhamcollege.ca.
- Durham College Twitter account – www.durhamcollege.ca/twitter.
- Durham College Facebook page – www.durhamcollege.ca/facebook.
- Students will be notified via their Durham College issued (DC Mail) email address.
- Staff will be notified via their Durham College issued email address.
- Campus voicemail – 905.721.2000.
Television and Radio
- Durham Radio (KX96, The Rock 94.9 and CKDO 1580AM/107.7 FM).
- 680 News.
- City TV (Breakfast Television).