Selection criteria can be based on a combination of the following:
- Review of academic record
- Review of required additional documentation including volunteer/work experience, reference letters, etc.
- Test or questionnaire results
- Portfolio review
Selection is based on the entrance requirements listed under individual program descriptions. All applications received by ontariocolleges.ca on or before February 1 for fall start or October 1 for winter start will be considered equally. Early application is encouraged. Programs that have more individuals apply than seats available by the equal consideration deadline will be deemed highly competitive and ranked in order. The most qualified applicants will be offered seats or placed on a waiting list.
Highly Competitive Programs
The term highly competitive denotes programs for which there are more qualified Ontario applicants than available seats. As a result, qualified applicants who have submitted applications no later than February 1 for a fall start and October 1 for a winter start will undergo a specific selection process.
Priority of Admission
- Permanent resident of Ontario (under review)
- Permanent resident of other province(s) territory(ies) in Canada
- Applicant from other countries
Selection process for highly competitive programs
- Grade 12 C, M, U and post-secondary x 1.17 and
- Grade 11 C, M and U x 1.13
Other required subject credits
- Grade 11 English substituted for Grade 12 English
- Grade 11 mathematics substituted for Grade 12 mathematics or
- Grade 11 science substituted for Grade 12 science
- Successful college program – one mark/successful semester – maximum six points and
- Successful university program – one mark/successful semester – maximum six points
Please note: All transcripts must be requested/received at ontariocolleges.ca by February 1 for a fall start and October 1 for a winter start in order to be considered for admission to a highly competitive program at Durham College. Please contact ontariocolleges.ca or at 1-888-892-2228 for further information regarding this process.share