FastStart is an entrepreneurial training partnership aimed at university and college students. FastStart is designed to increase the entrepreneurial skills and awareness while also helping students create solid business plans that take their products and services to market – quickly and successfully.
FastStart’s partners include four academic institutions and two community entrepreneurship groups:
- Durham College
- Fleming College
- Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster
- Spark Centre
- Trent University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
FastStart is available to students at all four academic institutions in all fields of study. The partnership also welcomes other youth in the community who possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Events that help stimulate students’ understanding of, and interest in, entrepreneurship as a career option.
- Customized services to help participants refine their ideas, build teams and prepare solid business plans to deliver products and services to market
- Programs such as boot camps and student incubators
- Progressive, focused programs for students with demonstrated interest and ability
- Prepares students to transition through FastStart to the Spark Centre, the Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster or to other local business access development centres where they can find additional services to help them quickly advance and launch their businesses.
Hosted by FastStart, an entrepreneurship partnership among: University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Spark Centre, Durham College, Trent University, Fleming College and GPIC. FastStart is supported in part by the Government of Ontario through the On-Campus Entrepreneurship Activities program managed by Ontario Centres of Excellence. FastStart is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs.
FastStart Home Website: http://www.faststartfs.ca