Fines and other Sanctions
Fines will accrue on items not returned by the due date. Fines are assessed when an overdue item is returned or renewed. To avoid fines, library materials must be returned or successfully renewed on or before the date and/or time due. Material, found in the stacks, that is still checked out is considered returned on the date found.
- Overdue regular loans (other loan types are listed below): $0.25 per day to a maximum of $25.00 per item.
- Overdue material on hold for another library patron: $4.00 per day to a maximum of $100.00 per item.
- Overdue reference compact disc loans: $4.00/day to a maximum of $25.00 per item.
- Overdue reserve hourly loans (including CDs): $4.00 per hour or any part thereof to a maximum of $100.00 per item.
- Overdue daily reserve loans: $4.00 per day to a maximum of $100.00 per item.
- Overdue Interlibrary Loan material: $1.00 per day
- Overdue Education Library media equipment: $10.00 per day to a maximum of $100.00 per item.
Other Fine Sanctions:
- Other charges may apply once the maximum fine has been reached.
- Charges may apply for overdue material for which fines are not normally assessed.
- Suspension of borrowing privileges will occur when a borrower’s fines total $10.00 or more.
- Marks will be withheld for non-payment of library fines or unreturned library material.
Assessed fines can be paid at the Circulation desk in the Oshawa Campus Library by cash, cheque, debit or credit card and by cash and cheque at the Whitby Campus Library or other UOIT libraries.share