Registration process and documentation requirements
Access and Support Centre (ASC) Registration steps
- Complete the Student Information Form [PDF – 259 KB]. We encourage students to complete this step as soon as you’ve been admitted to the college.
- Obtain your documentation
- Have your doctor complete the ASC Medical Form.
- For students with learning disabilities, submit your psycho-educational assessment and most recent IEP.
- Submit your Student Information Form & documentation to the ASC and submit by email, fax or in person.
After ASC has received and reviewed the documents you have submitted we will contact you to book your initial meeting.
Supporting documentation assists the ASC in understanding and predicting the impact of your exceptionality in a post-secondary environment and helps guide the development of your Access Plan. You will have an opportunity at your initial meeting to discuss if your supporting documentation reflects your current learning needs or if additional information is requested.
For Your Doctor to Complete
To help the ASC team to best support your academic needs please have your Doctor complete the ASC Medical Form.
Download the ASC Medical Form here.
Students who are deaf, deafened or hard of hearing can submit an audiogram that reflects the current level of their hearing loss.
For Students with Learning Disabilities
If you are a student with a learning disability, we would request a copy of your most recent psycho-educational assessment. If you do not have an updated assessment, within 5 years or after the age of 18, the ASC recommends that you submit what you have, (i.e., previous assessments, IEP) as a starting point so that supports can be put in place and it can be determined if an updated assessment will be requested.
Not sure what to submit? Contact Us!