Community Employment Services
Important changes to Community Employment Services in Port Perry and Uxbridge effective Monday, April 1
Please be advised of upcoming changes to Community Employment Services (CES) in both Port Perry and Uxbridge effective April 1, 2013. Job seekers are encouraged to continue to visit this website on a regular basis as specific information about locations, dates and times is made available.
Effective April 1, the CES office in Uxbridge will relocate to 29 Toronto St., Suite 2, Uxbridge, ON, L9P 1V9 where it will continue to provide clients with services from a new and more visible storefront location. Services include:
- Job searches
- Interview preparation
- Resume writing
Please continue to check this website for detailed information on the new location.
In addition, the Port Perry CES office is closing as of April 1 and Scugog residents will be offered three new choices of employment services:
- Access to services in Scugog through a CES employee who will be available at designated weekly times and locations (TBD) in collaboration with local community partners
- Access to both the Uxbridge and Oshawa CES locations during regular hours of operation
Please continue to check this website for detailed information related to the dates, times and locations a CES employee will be available in Port Perry.
Community Employment Services – connecting you to your future
Our FREE Community Employment Services have the information and tools to assist all job seekers (looking for full- and part-time or summer employment) with various employment/career options including:
- Resources and information
- Job searches
- Job matching, placement, incentives and training and retention
- Referrals to other Employment Ontario programs
- Second Career and Ontario Self Employment Benefit applications
- Summer Jobs Service
We can help you explore your dream career and improve your confidence and ability to make good decisions for the future.
We also offer additional fee for service resources that may further assist you in career clarification:
- Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES): Based on the Essential Skills model, TOWES is a nationally accepted test that assists in determining your proficiency in handling common workplace tasks
- Choose Your Groove: This service is designed to help young people struggling to find balance with school and work
- Smart Serve: A mandatory program for all those involved in an event where alcohol is served
Community Employment Services posts employer job opportunities, host job fairs and offer numerous resources to assist employers with most of their recruiting requirements. Whether you’re hiring one person or 100 people, we can help you!
- Brock Township- itinerant services only
- Port Hope
- Port Perry- itinerant services offered after April 1, 2013
Invest a little time in our employment services and let us help show you the way!
For more information, visit the Durham College Employment Services website at: www.employmenthelp.ca
or contact Stephanie Watson
T: 905.438.1041 (Oshawa) or 905.697.4472 (Bowmanville)