All types of businesses are using smartphones and mobile devices as the primary vehicles for communicating their products and services and mobile apps offer significant opportunities to promote just about anything. This rapidly growing business tool requires highly skilled, creative and knowledgeable designers who understand the art and science of mobile app design. In this program, you will learn strategies for layout, text and colour hierarchies on the very small space of a mobile app and how to make your design respond to various screen sizes. There are growing opportunities for great employment in this field.Back to Top
This program is designed for individuals with work experience on the front- and back-end of web design; a web technologies-base; or a media-related diploma or degree. In just two semesters, it will show you how to use the Apple Mobile Operating System and Android platform to deliver apps, websites and rich media. You will learn to develop, support and maintain apps for internal and external business use.
Internet users communicate using voice, text, multimedia streaming and document editing via mobile platforms. With the number of mobile subscribers climbing daily, this new graduate certificate program will prepare you for a rewarding career in this expanding field.
You will focus on:
- Preparing and presenting a commercial website proposal and business plan
- Designing a website solution based on a set of business requirements or client specifications
- Creating client-friendly content management systems
- Developing data-driven websites for multiple platforms
- Designing and developing web services for a functioning commercial website
- Integrating gesture recognition in a multi-touch interface environment
- Web technologies-based or media-related diploma or degree and/or
- Minimum of five years of related experience in front- and back-end web design
WHAT YOU COULD BE:
- Corporate web application designer
- Responsive website designer
- Self-employed web application creator
- Single page application designer
- Web app user interface/experience design
- Web app programmer
- Web app designer
WHERE YOU COULD WORK:
- Usability specialist company
- Web design company
- Web application design studio
Back to Top
|YEAR ONE FEES||Domestic||International|
Please note: fees are based on the 2015-2016 academic year and do not include textbooks. For more information please see Other fees to consider.Back to Top
You will gain professional experience by working on projects for community groups and not-for-profit enterprises and will also be encouraged to pursue freelance opportunities.
Back to Top
Opportunities For Degree Completion Or Additional Credentials
Graduates may also be eligible to apply their academic credits toward further study through Durham College’s partnerships with many Canadian and international colleges and universities.
Please visit the Transfer Guide for more information.Back to Top