Monday to Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Second Career options
WHY CHOOSE DURHAM COLLEGE?
Our Second Career office will provide you with complete training proposals based on our second career eligible programs as well as everything you need to help you apply for your program of interest.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS ARE INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Are laid-off or have been laid-off since January 2005
- Are unemployed or working at an interim job
- Are choosing to retrain for a career that is in demand
WHAT IS SECOND CAREER?
Second Career provides laid-off workers with:
- Skills training to help them find jobs in high-demand occupations in Ontario
- Financial support
Second Career is a cost-sharing grant provided on the basis of need, participants may be asked to contribute what you can to your training or education.
Second Career provides up to $28,000 for:
- Other instruction costs such as manuals or workbooks
- A basic living allowance
Additional support may be available to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities, dependent care, costs of living away from home and academic upgrading.
To make this opportunity more accessible to a larger number of people Durham College offers second career programs in different delivery formats that include:
- In-class programs
- Online (on-site and remote)
For additional information on Second Career options visit the Employment Ontario website.