Academic Upgrading – Academic and Career Entrance (A.C.E.) Grade 12 equivalency Certificate
- Looking to obtain your ACE certificate?
- Missing courses required to enter a college program?
- Trying to upgrade basic or workplace level credits?
- Wanting to update your academic skills?
Programs of study include:
- Communications (English)
- Obtain your ACE certificate which can be used to help you obtain employment and/or qualify for apprenticeship.
- Qualify for an offer of admission to a college program.
- Qualify to receive scholarship and/or bursary awards to assist with the tuition fees for a post-secondary Durham College program.
Academic upgrading is:
- Continuous – start dates available every week
- Offered during the day
- Personalized to meet your needs
2000 Simcoe St. North
Oshawa, Ontario L1H 7K4
Uxbridge Community Employment Services
To learn more about online ACE courses visit Online education – Academic and Career Entrance Program (ACE).
Here’s how to get started:
Interested students are invited to attend an Academic Assessment session in math and/or English as a starting point. Writing the assessment provides us the opportunity to determine your skills and knowledge in these subject areas and helps us to create a personalized education plan to help you reach your goals. How much formal education you have completed doesn’t matter. In fact, the assessment is a great opportunity to reflect all types of learning from life experiences, work experiences, as well as formal education.
Every Tuesday, at 9:30 a.m. Oshawa campus, Simcoe building, room 1286.
Potential Uxbridge students call 905.852.7848 to book an appointment.
Founders 3, located at the north end of the campus by the hydro tower. Please be advised that paid parking is in effect, the current rate is $5 per day.
How can I prepare for the assessment?
Remember, the assessment is not a pass or fail experience; it simply shows the skills you have gained or lost since you have been away from school.
Math – a review of the following subjects may be helpful: decimals, fractions, metric, order of operations, ratio and proportion, per cents, geometry, algebra, and trigonometry. Some useful web sites you may wish to visit include:
English – a review of reading and comprehension and writing skills may be helpful. Some useful web sites you may wish to visit include: