CATCH MORE ZZZZ’s
When you are asleep your body is working; repairing tissues, restoring energy, strengthening immunity, and organizing your memory files. If your body doesn’t get enough sleep you suffer the consequences.
Create a healthy sleep routine to induce sleep.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and strenuous exercise 3 hours before bed.
- Take a warm shower/bath to relax your body
- Drink a warm cup of milk
- Read a book for pleasure
- Go to bed at the same time every night
- DON’T WATCH THE CLOCK!
TIME IN, TIME OUT
You can’t do everything but a schedule can make sure you don’t miss anything.
- PLAN YOUR TERM: know the important dates
- PLAN YOUR WEEK: know what has to get completed by Friday
- PLAN YOUR DAY: set priorities daily
Daylight hours are the most productive. Nocturnal habits are discouraged. Leave the tough stuff for when you feel the freshest and most alert.
Knowledge is best retained in smaller “chunks”, try working for 50 minutes and taking a break for 10, leaving some unscheduled time for flexibility and some for leisure.
Take advantage of time between classes.share