Financial planning and counselling
We offer financial literacy workshops, “DC Money Matters”, a series of four one-hour workshops designed especially for Durham College students who are taking their first steps toward managing their finances effectively. Information and registration details are posted on MyCampus.
You can schedule an appointment with a counsellor to help you prepare a budget and deal with financial issues during the school year. Your income and expenses are reviewed with a counsellor to identify problems and explore solutions. Through budget counselling, you can learn to keep your finances in order.
To effectively prepare your budget, you should:
- Avoid using credit cards on a regular basis.
- Be realistic with your spending.
- Keep track of your spending habits.
- Maintain an accurate record of your bank accounts.
- Plan your budget at the start of the school year.
- Review your budget regularly, allowing for circumstantial changes.
Helpful financial links:
These links will open in a new window.
- Online budget calculator