How to apply
All post-secondary program applicants must submit an application to ontariocolleges.ca, which receives and records applications and student responses to college offers of admission. A $95 fee must accompany your application. You can make up to five program choices with no more than three choices at any given college.
Although you are encouraged to list your choices in order of preference it will not affect your eligibility for receiving an offer of admission.
To be assured equal consideration for your program of choice, your application must be received by ontariocolleges.ca no later than February 1 for fall start, October 1 for winter start and January 1 for spring start. After those dates, qualified applicants will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis, provided there are program vacancies.
Program applications will be accepted until a program is full and a wait-list is established. Applicants may accept only one offer of admission at one time. Confirmations of acceptance are completed via ontariocolleges.ca who then notifies Durham College of your decision.
For more detailed application procedures, please visit ontariocolleges.ca
What is an official transcript?
- Transcripts ordered online from ontariocolleges.ca are considered to be official.
- An ‘official transcript’ is a record of your grades that has been issued by the school you attended, will have the school stamp and/or seal on it and MUST be sent to ontariocolleges.ca directly from the secondary school (high school).
- A transcript faxed to ontariocolleges.ca by your secondary school (high school) will be considered “official”.
- If you attended a college or university in Ontario, you can order your official transcript through the Transcript Request Service available at ontariocolleges.ca. If you attended a college or university elsewhere in Canada, you must still ensure that your official post-secondary transcript is sent to ontariocolleges.ca.
- Any transcript mailed/faxed by the applicant will be considered an “unofficial” transcript.
Where do I send my transcripts?
- Secondary school (high school) transcripts should be sent to ontariocolleges.ca. For more information please visit ontariocolleges.ca Transcript Section.
- Post-secondary (university/college) transcripts can be requested to be sent electronically at the Request Ontario College/University transcripts section of the ontariocolleges.ca website.
If you already have a Credential Assessment Report issued by World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS), contact the agency to see if the report can be forwarded to OCAS (Ontario Colleges Application Service). They will distribute the results to all the Colleges you have applied to.
You will be required to submit either a post graduate comprehensive – course by course report from ICAS or a comprehensive report from WES. This assessment must be received at ontariocolleges.ca on or before February 1st to be considered for the oversubscribed programs. In some cases the assessment could take as long as 5 weeks. We suggest that you submit both your Secondary (High School) documents report and Post Secondary (College/University) documents; this will assist Durham College in assessing your marks for entry.
To obtain a Credential Assessment Report visit either ICAS (1.800.321.6021) or WES Credit Evaluation (1.866.343.0070) for information about obtaining a report and having it transmitted to Colleges. Additional information is also available at ontariocolleges.ca
Please note: All transcripts must be requested/received at ontariocolleges.ca by February 1 in order to be considered for admission to an oversubscribed program at Durham College.