For further information, contact Credit Transfer
Credit transfer information
IMPORTANT: We are currently working on improvements to the credit transfer application for September 2017. If you’re seeking credit transfer for the fall semester, please check back in April 2017 for updates on these exciting changes.
Durham College is dedicated to helping you build upon your prior education.
Have you studied previously at Durham College or another recognized post-secondary institution? Your successfully-completed courses may be eligible for credit transfer.
To be eligible for credit transfer:
- You must first be admitted into the Durham College program you’re planning to transfer courses toward.
- Previous course(s) must have been completed at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Previous course(s) should be equivalent in content and hours to the course(s) you’re seeking exemption from.
- Previous course(s) should have been completed within the past five years. While requests will be evaluated beyond five years, they may be denied on the basis of aged learning outcomes.
- A minimum 60 per cent, or the passing grade for the course you’re seeking exemption from, is required (whichever is higher). If the previous course was completed at Durham College, the passing grade for the course being sought is required.
For additional information about how to apply or what happens after your request has been evaluated, please select the group you belong to:
- Previously completed a dual credit
- Previously studied at Durham College
- Previously studied at an institution within Canada
- Previously studied at an institution outside of Canada
If you have prior work or life experiences that meet learning outcomes or you’ve studied at a private/career institution, you should explore Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR).
The deadline to apply for a credit transfer is the tenth (10th) day of classes each semester.
For additional questions or concerns, please consult our Credit Transfer/Equivalency FAQ page.