Critical Care Nursing Graduate Certificate Program
Welcome to the Critical Care Nursing E-Learning graduate certificate program
Please review the Critical Care e-Learning orientation prior to starting course. This provides helpful tips and hints for success in this program.
This learning environment is accessible to all nurses across the province. Our first cohort was successfully launched on September 4, 2007!
Please note these important dates:
Program Start Date: September 7, 2016
Program End Date: April 2017
Ontario Colleges Application Deadline: September 20, 2016
Tuition Payment Deadline: September 27, 2016
For future important dates and deadlines please view the full list of important dates.
Program access is available once registration is complete.
Tuition: Please refer to the official program page
Books: $400 (approximate)
Personal electronic device such as iPod or Smart Phone.
How does the program work?
The Critical Care Nursing E-Learning Graduate Certificate program is an innovative training model that is delivered through three main components:
- Six theoretical courses offered via the Internet.
- Practical experience in the Critical Care simulation lab.
- Hands-on preceptored experience in an intensive care unit (ICU).
You should take this program if you are:
- A new critical care nurse
- A registered nurse in good standing with the CNO
- An experienced critical care nurse
- A nurse interested in working in the ICU
The top 10 reasons you should enrol in the Critical Care Nursing E-Learning graduate certificate program at Durham College are:
- Taught by internationally recognized experts
- Affordable state-of-the-art critical care and simulation education
- Curriculum that meets or exceeds newly established provincial critical care standards
- Opportunity to learn at your own pace through an e-learning training model
- Lifelong learning that supports reflective practice learning plans
- Critical care certificate and advanced standing for entry into a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
- Formal recognition of the knowledge and expertise of current ICU nurses, including prior learning assessments
- Solid foundation for new critical care nurses
- Provincially recognized and funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care with additional student funding available
- Accessible by all nurses in Ontario
What our students say………
“As a novice nurse this program did help with my competence and confidence working in a critical care environment.”
“Dedicated, knowledgeable professors providing education in a supportive learning environment.”
“…Exceptional, convenient, amazing, are words that come to mind. Durham delivers the best critical care program right to your doorstep. My doorstep was way up north, miles and miles away from Oshawa and the province of Ontario.”
“….The learning objectives were attainable while working full time and still having time for family obligations.”
We invite the preceptors of Durham College’s Critical Care eLearning students to participate in an online preceptor workshop. You will find this workshop very innovative and highly interactive. Please join us by emailing Carol Connor.
Please note: There will be no further extensions granted in this program. If unable to complete the program within the timeframe, you will need to re-register. (Please contact the student advisor as you may be eligible for credit of courses successfully completed.)