Durham College is governed by a Board of Governors comprised of 17 members, including:
- The president.
- Four internally elected members.
- Twelve external community members, with 1/3 appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor-in-Council and 2/3 appointed directly by the Durham College Board.
Board members are responsible for:
- Setting the college vision, strategic directions and overall goals and outcomes by following appropriate laws and other government policies, and the strategic plan.
- Approving Board policy.
- Approving the annual business plan, budget and annual report.
- Hiring the President.
- Delegating accountability for the performance and operation of the college to the president.
- Evaluating the president’s performance.